Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sometimes, the truth does not set you free.

I remember growing up, my favorite game as a child was "war". We would spend hours on end shooting each other with toy guns. My favorite tv show was "Combat", a world war two themed show. When I was a teen, we had the news on at the supper table. We would discuss the news at each supper. We saw the Vietnam War and over the course of decades we concluded that it was bad for us as a country and we should get out. Now mom and dad where as Republican as the day was long. Exposure to reality had Dad turning on his headlights on war moratorium day. Now we have embedded journalists and don't see the war or it's effects. Then comes wiki leaks. We watched copter jocks massacre journalists and act like they were ringing up points in a video game.
Now we have combat video of an up close and personal massacre in an Afghan village. Truth hurts. At least I hope it does enough to wake people up.

No comments:

Post a Comment